Ever wonder how the engine compartment on a car for sale at an auto dealership looks so clean and well cared for?
Cleaning and Detailing an Engine Compartment is a snap with the right automotive detailing products and a few pennies at your local car wash!
Other than a better-looking appearance, other benefits of a clean engine compartment include being able to detect and identify the source of any fluid leaks, being able to shed heat more effectively, much more pleasant to work on and a lot easier to sell when the time comes.
This kit should be able to do 3 to 4 vehicles
Now you can get fast, commercial-quality results by using the same products the "pros" do - and by doing it yourself!
The Jax Wax Engine Compartment Clean and Detail Kit includes:
946 ml Jax Wax Super Citrus Cleaner
A Highly Concentrated Cleaner and Degreaser
473 ml Jax Wax Shine All Dressing
Professional Grade Water Based Dressing for all Plastic, Rubber, Vinyl and Leather Surfaces
1. Soap down the exterior around the engine compartment.
This is a precaution in the case on a hot sunny day - you don't want Super Citrus to dry on your painted finish. There is usually enough soap left over on the brush in a self-serve car wash to do the job.
2. Lift the hood
2. Facing the front of the car, set the Jax Wax Super Citrus sprayer to "Stream" and start spraying the product side to side working from the farthest point to the nearest. The reason you want to start at the farthest point and work towards you, is that if any product dribbles from the sprayer you are utilizing it. Take care to cover the area completely.
3. Repeat the process in step 2 facing the driver side of the car.
4. Repeat the process in step 2 facing the passenger side of the car. The reason that you spray from all 3 sides is to completely cover all nooks and crannies in the engine compartment.
6. Spray off the entire engine and compartment with a pressure washer.
7. Shut the hood and rinse off any residue from the exterior finish of the car, including windshield, grill, and fenders
8. Open the hood. With the sprayer set to "Stream" liberally coat the engine compartment with Jax Wax Shine All
It will appear to be all white and "milky". Don't be concerned - you aren't making a mess! It will dissipate, and produce a nice even coat and dry in the next step!
9. Let the product sit for 5 minutes, then wipe off the excess product.
10. Stop and open the hood and marvel at your clean and freshly detailed engine compartment!
Works well on a "warm" engine.
The reason that we are confident that you will love the Jax Wax Engine Compartment Clean and Detail Kit Car Care Kit is simple - We ARE the Manufacturer. Even though more costly, we only use the highest quality ingredients and do not dilute our products to increase profits.
These are the same car care products that we sell to our commercial customers consisting of hundreds of car dealers, professional detailers, auto body shops and classic car owners every day. Jax Wax car care products are commercial products that are of higher quality than than most "retail" car wax products that sit on the "wax wall" vying for your hard earned dollars with slick labels and packaging.
Cannon Soap is the newest most advanced vehicle washing formula from Jax Wax. With high end surfactants, Cannon Soap cuts through the dirt and grime on your paint...View full product details
Extremely Versatile Professional Grade Spray Wax Which Can be Used as a "Quick Detailer" or "Wax as You Dry" Use on Wet or Dry Surfaces...View full product details
Apply Smooth Even Coats of Dressing to Tyres and Trim Without the Mess with this DuraFoam Tire Dressing Applicator! This rugged professional tyre dressing applicator...View full product details
Jax Total Interior is a must have product for any car enthusiast that loves to keep the interior of their ride looking brand new at...View full product details